We at Ridgeway Racing Engines Ltd, understand that you care how your information is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our premises, place an order by telephone or visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Ridgeway Racing Engines collects and processes your personal data when you visit our store or our website, place an order with us online or by phone, make an in-store purchase, save your information with us online or contact us with a query or concern.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under the age of 16.
Ridgeway Racing Engines Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Ridgeway Racing Engines”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Ridgeway Racing Engines Ltd
Unicorn Business Centre
Company registration no. 08299746
Email address: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0) 1793 740169
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please kindly keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can contact us with your up-to-date details and we will update them for you.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details (telephone orders only).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data, purchases or orders made by you.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions.You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, and email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- enquire about our products or services;
- make a purchase in store, by phone or our website
- create an account on our website;
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties such as Google Analytics, social media or review sites.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as SagePay based in the EU.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Process and administration of services
(c) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
We will not share your personal data with any company for marketing purposes.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
We only share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in section 4 above.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing IT and system administration, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, technical services, logistical services, processing credit card payments and the provision of legal, accountancy, banking and other professional services.
- Fraud Protection: In processing your order we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to government institutions and authorities except if required or allowed by law (for example where reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances).
- Other instances: Your information may also be transferred to another company (based in the European Union or in a country ensuring an adequate level of protection) in the event of a sale of our company to a third party or we sell the business and assets of our company. Any disclosure in such circumstances will only be to the prospective buyer and their professional advisors who will be subject to obligations of confidentiality. In that event we will endeavour to ensure that your rights in respect of the processing of personal data are adequately and appropriately protected in accordance with all Data Protection Laws. We may also disclose your information if we are under a duty or legal obligation to share your personal data or to protect the rights, property or safety of Ridgeway Racing Engines Ltd or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- All the personal information collected via our website and in-store is recorded in a secure database located within the European Union. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- All our employees and data processors, whom have access to or are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of that information and comply with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 28 days from confirmation of requester’s ID. Occasionally it may take us longer than 28 days if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
(a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. There are various types of cookies which perform different functions, such as remembering which items you have placed in your shopping basket or recording your browsing habits. The information recorded by the cookie is retrieved on the user's next visit to the site.
For more information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org
(b) Our cookies - how to manage cookies
Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept all or some or reject cookies in your browser's privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that certain features cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website's features and you may be prevented from completing your purchase online. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
On ridgewayraceengines.co.uk, cookies record information about your online preferences, remember information about you when you visit our site and compile statistical reports on website activity. Some cookies are used that are essential in order to provide our services to you.
During the course of any visit to ridgewayraceengines.co.uk, your navigation through the site is recorded by a cookie that is downloaded to your device. The information recorded is retrieved on a repeat visit to the site by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. Below we have set out the four categories of cookies that we use on our website. These cookies are:
• Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as using the shopping basket to continue to navigate the site when making a purchase. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as making a purchase using the website, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
• Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how our visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from any web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the website, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the website in order to improve the way that our website works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
• Functionality cookies
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your login details or your choices in relation to our newsletter). Whenever these cookies are used we will notify you before using the cookie, providing more information about the functionality cookie to be used, and how it might improve your user experience. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
• Targeting cookies
These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They are placed by our third party service provider [although we may also place a cookie that collects this kind of information]. All of the information that these cookies collect is anonymised, although they contain a unique key that is able to distinguish, for example, individual user browsing habits, or log if an individual user has clicked on a one of our suggested recommendations. These cookies can track your visits around the website, but they do not usually know who you are. They remember that you have visited our website and your browsing habits on our website to improve your experience, so that our recommendations are a better fit for you. This information is only shared between us and our third party service provider. Without these cookies, the recommendations you encounter and user experience on our website will be less relevant to you and your interests.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.